Improving talent development and skills
We're committed to raising skills across the region through our placement, apprenticeship and widening participation activity alongside support for local employers to access talented graduates.
- Providing students access to placement and recruitment opportunities with local employers through our Careers Service and the RISE scheme
- Developing world-class talent in partnership with industry at the AMRC Training Centre
- Ensuring routes into Higher Education for those at risk of missing out through programmes such as HeppSY+
Enhancing the urban environment
We’re working with regional partners to drive urban development across our campus and the heart of the city, alongside growth of the Sheffield City Region Innovation district.
- Supporting Sheffield City Council to transform the high street
- Developing green spaces through projects such as Grey to Green and Love Square
- Our campus masterplan
Supporting community projects
Informed by local voices, we're working to make a positive difference to people's lives by delivering projects and initiatives which support communities and organisations across the region.
The University as a role model
Driving economic, social, environmental and cultural benefits is part of our DNA. As a civic institution, historically created ‘for the people’, the University has a responsibility to act as a trusted role model and partner within the region.
Supporting Sheffield City Council to transform the high street
Sheffield City Council has been successful in its bid for funding from the Future High Streets Fund, with the support of the University of Sheffield, to rejuvenate and reinvent Fargate and High Street as social hubs in the city.
Regional skills high on agenda with nationally leading partnership
The University of Sheffield is part of a new regional skills partnership in the Sheffield City Region, which aims to tackle current and future skills shortages in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Renowned sleeping giants exhibition that drew crowds from around the world documented in new book
A new book documenting how an abandoned factory became a once in a lifetime art experience created by a world renowned street artist, has been launched.